- Kenya Airways Appoints Jambo Jet CEO
- 10 African animals in rapid decline
- Auric Air Updates – September 2013
- Flightlink Introduces Twice Daily Flights to MTWARA
- Tongabezi – the new and exclusive Dog House is open
- Interview - PURE Awards judge Edward Norton and the Maasai
- The New Logo for Jenman African Safaris
- Africa's lost apes - the shocking numbers
- Sharks Director of Rugby Brendan Venter's Family Lodge Joins the Three Cities Group
- Opening of Lake Eyasi Tented Camp
NEW PROTEA HOTEL SEA POINT SHOWS THE WORLD A FRESH NEW FACEBy Protea Hospitality Group
September 2013: Protea Hotel Sea Point has opened its doors to show a fresh new face to GUESTS who are already enjoying the light and airy seaside feel.
The hotel was closed for winter to gut the public areas, restaurant and sea-facing rooms, and while the facade may look the same, the hotel inside has been completely transformed.
A surfboard resting on a mini beach at the hotel entrance sets the stage for the new public areas that are now an open space incorporating a 9m long communal work table, iPads have been fitted into the new communal work table, for GUESTS to take advantage of the 500Mb of free Wi-Fi they receive each day.
The hotel’s restaurant patio has been redone in a comfortable beach house style..
The hotel boasts family rooms that are more spacious and offer greater flexibility with the option of four single beds or two double beds; ideally suited for families and groups.
Protea Hospitality Group Director of Sales, Marketing and Revenue, Danny Bryer, says the transformation of the hotel interior is staggering.
“It’s a two-minute walk to the Promenade. Clifton and Camps Bay’s beaches and the city centre are a 5-minute drive away, as is the V&A Waterfront,” says Bryer.
“Protea Hotel Sea Point is one of those hospitality properties that provides a unique product offering for a range of different customers. It does immensely good conferencing trade, it’s a central location for business travellers and families love the location.”
Protea Hotel Sea Point is one of 12 Protea Hospitality Group properties in the city.