- Malawi Marks 10 Years of Growth
- Yao Ming at Kicheche Laikipia - Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Swimming at Devils Pool, Livingstone Island is opening today!
- Atta members receive discount at this year’s E-Tourism Africa Summit in Cape Town
- Lockton Global Appoints SATIB Insurance Brokers as their Southern Africa Partner Brokers
- Victoria Falls Safari Club construction complete 2 weeks ahead of schedule
- Gibb's Farm Presents New Website
- Shamwari Game Reserve Pampered Women on Women’s Day
- Kamili adds 7 properties to portfolio
- Jozi Just Got Hotter - New Addition: The Lobby Lounge
The Born Free Foundation @ Shamwari Game Reserve Gets New Land Rover
The Born Free Animal Rescue and Education Centre situated at Shamwari Game Reserve, in the Eastern Cape near Port Elizabeth has received a new Defender 130 Double Cab, kindly sponsored by Land Rover.
With sanctuaries based around the world, Shamwari Game Reserve has the only BFF sanctuary in South Africa. The Born Free Foundation is an international wildlife charity that focuses on the plight of wildlife being kept in captivity. Since 2002 Land Rover and Born Free have been Global Conservation partners and Kevin Flynn, Land Rover South Africa’s Managing Director handed over the vehicle to Born Free as a reassurance to their partnership and commitment to wildlife conservation.
Comments Born Free Co-ordinator Catherine Gillson: “The Defender 130 Double Cab will be used for all aspects of the Foundation’s activities, and is a crucial sponsorship to our programme. It will be used for everything we do, including collecting carcasses from farmers in surrounding areas, feeding the cats, checking fenced camps and clearing the camps of dead vegetation.”
Shamwari Group and Born Free have also joined together for The Pride of Cape Town public arts event, set to launch early 2013 where all proceeds will go to the Born Free Foundation. Shamwari Group is soon to announce the artist who will be chosen to paint and decorate their ceramic lion sculpture which will be displayed together with the other 50 at the V & A Waterfront in Cape Town.
“Conserving a Vanishing Way of Life“
The Shamwari Group presents - Shamwari Game Reserve, Eastern Cape - Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, outside Cape Town - Jock Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park - Nkomazi Game Reserve, Mpumalanga - Gorilla’s Nest Lodge, Rwanda & Nyungwe Forest Lodge, Rwanda
Follow us on twitter & Facebook for regular updates
This press release was distributed on behalf of our client, Shamwari Group.
For further media information:
The P.R Team, Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: + 27 (0) 21 419 2390/1 - E: email@example.com