- Classic Representation welcomes Xakanaxa Camp to its portfolio
- Marketing Worldwide introduces Oaklands Country Manor, South Africa to the UK
- Heritage Hotels (Kenya) To Upgrade Voyager Beach Resort, Mombasa
- Heritage Hotel's Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort - Kenya's Leading Golf Resort 2011
- Authentic welcome Ras Mbisi Lodge to their Africa destination portfolio
- Discounted Gorilla tracking permits for Uganda
- Appointment of a new General Manager at The SAFARI Company and ADVANTAGE East Africa
- Azura at Quilalea opens its doors
- Lemala Camps announce the opening of their new permanent luxury tented camp - Kuria Hills
- Heritage Hotels To Upgrade Samburu Intrepids Camp
A&K launchThe Galapagos Islands with Mark CarwardineBy Abercrombie & Kent
10th November 2011 - Cheltenham: 2012 marks the 50th Anniversary of Abercrombie & Kent and to mark the occasion Abercrombie & Kent is has teamed up with wildlife photographer and acclaimed conservationist Mark Carwardine to launch a trip toThe Galapagos Islands departing on 24th May 2012.
Mark is a zoologist, an active and outspoken conservationist, an award-winning writer who has written more than 50 books (including several bestsellers), a TV and radio presenter, a widely published wildlife photographer, a magazine columnist and a conservation consultant. He recentlyco-presented the BBC 2 Series ‘Last Chance to See’ with Stephen Fry.
Highlights of this trip include:
- Accompanied by Mark Carwardine and the chance to share his wildlife photographic experience
- On board MV Eclipse, one of the finest boats in the Galapagos
- Snorkel with playful sea lions and graceful turtles
- Get close up to unique wildlife and endemic species
- Enjoy the incredible geographical diversity of the islands
- Remarkable photographic opportunities
- Visit to the Charles Darwin research Centre and unique insight into their conservation work
Justin Wateridge, Managing Director of Abercrombie & Kentsaid, “I am thrilled that we have Mark on board – he has such an easy-going nature, encyclopaedic knowledge and great stories to tell. It will be both inspiring and memorable.”
This unique 11 night trip with Mark Carwardine will cost from £4,395 per person based on two people sharing, excluding international flights.
For more information about the trip, please go to www.abercrombiekent.co.uk/groupsor www.abercrombiekent.co.uk/groups/ecuadorandgalapagosislands.cfm
For further press information or images please contact:
Frangelica Flook, T: 020 7978 4534, M: 07747 606 898 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Philippa Morley, T: 020 7228 1230, M: 07747 625 542 E: email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
2012 marks the 50th Anniversary of Abercrombie & Kentand to mark the occasion Abercrombie & Kent is planning a series of expert led group tours to reinforce their pioneering roots and constant quest to offer their clients a travel experience that is as original and rewarding today as it was 50 years ago.
Led by experts in their field, amongst others the tours will be hosted by Jon Nicholson, award winning photo-journalist and official Olympic London 2012 photographer, Mark Carwardine, zoologist, conservationist and BBC co- presenter of Last Chance to See and Michael Jay the only non-Japanese person to hold a samurai rank since William Adams in the 1600.
Abercrombie & Kent have an extensive programme of expert led group toursplanned for 2012 to destinations which include Galapagos, Japan, Sudan, Central African Repulbic, Cambodia and Laos,
Abercrombie & Kent staying true to its pioneering roots.