- New Managers on board for the launch of Azura at Quilalea Private Island
- Elephant Pepper Camp Awarded Gold Eco-Rating by Ecotourism Kenya
- Singita Grumeti Reserves (Tanzania) Introduces African Tasting Menu
- Ant’s Hill’s new cottage “World’s View”
- Horizon Horseback Adventures has a new ride in South Africa!
- National Carrier donates KSh. 10 Million ($109,000 USD) to the Kenya Red Cross
- Flatdogs Camp Wins First Ever South Luangwa Eco Award
- Amara Selous opens the Amaradillos club
- Luxury 7nts all inclusive deals
- Long Stay Specials in Chapwani, 1st August to 30th September 2011*
Documentary Filming Adventure Trip
Adventure travellers could find themselves on TV on Oasis Overland’s Documentary Filming trip
Two professional cinematographers will be filming Oasis Overland’s Nairobi to Cape Townadventure trip next year. Those who book on the trip will receive a copy of the film and may even find themselves on TV!
The trip starts in Nairobi on 16th April 2012, arriving in Cape Town 73 days later on 27th June. The cost of £1345 plus US$810 covers transport, camping fees, game viewing in several national parks, some meals, two Oasis crew and a copy of the film on DVD. (The cost does not include flights or optional activities).
Oasis Overland’s custom built expedition truck will take up to 22 travellers through 9 countries with opportunities to see mountain gorillas, walk with lions, relax on tropical beaches, view game in the Serengeti or go bungy jumping or white water rafting. The two cinematographers will accompany the group, filming the whole trip to produce a documentary for Oasis and potentially for broadcast on television.
Andrew Prendergast is an experienced documentary and film maker, working for the Disney Channel, Sci Fi Channel, Rebellion Developments and also independently. “I am very excited to be involved in the filming of the trip across Africa with Oasis as this combines my love of photography and adventure”
Anyone with a sense of adventure, reasonable fitness and a wish to record their trip of a lifetime on film can book this trip.
For those who are camera shy, Oasis runs this route every month without filmmakers:
Please contact Ceris for further information or images: email@example.com 079 3234 7955
Notes to Editors: Oasis Overland is in its 13th year of operating adventure trips in Africa, the Middle East and South America. The company has a 4 star Sustainable Travel rating through AITO and was voted one of the top two overland companies in the UK by the Sunday Times. The Oasis Overland philosophy is to provide excellent value for money adventures for budget-conscious travellers, using quality vehicles, equipment and crew.